My name is Angel Bradley. I decided to do The 30 Day Blog Challenge because I’ve always wanted to do a blog to help people like myself. I belong to a multi-split family. My husband and I together have 3 beautiful daughters. Our Daughters 14, 11, and 16 months old. Only the 16 month old lives full-time with us. The 14 year old is My husbands first Daughter she lives with Grandma for now. The 11 year old is my first daughter and she is going on her 6th year living with her dad. But, we see them all 3 as ours even though we have to share them.
I am starting this blog as a way to reach out to people who are in the same situation as myself and need help, advice, and ideas how to make these types of homes work. Sharing is not easy at time especially when it comes to sharing our children. But, that seems to be growing into a more and more typical “Family Life Today”. Along the way I will share how this dysfunctional family is actually very functional; we honestly shock people all the time with our success as one huge family. I also share:
- how to get along with the other parents
- how to spend time as one big family (as it is very important for the kids)
- tips on things not to do (like do not ever talk bad about the other parent to your kids)
- advice on some of our parenting tricks which, we are still learning ourselves. No one is perfect and children do not come with a manual unfortunately.
- I will also be providing some of my favorite recipes.
- and a few other basic/fun things and ideas.
Our 11 year old daughters is actually very much accustom to this type of family life. She has never known her mommy and daddy together as in life sometimes these things happen. Yes, she has asked several questions and we have done our best to answer those questions. We also, try to answer them as she grows since, there are some things a 5 yr old will not understand versus a 8 yr old etc. Age appropriate answers are very crucial to a young mind. We also do not want our children to grow up to fast or feel overwhelmed with adult knowledge. Life in the Bradley household is always busy but, we wouldn’t know how to nor would we want to live any other way.